Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome Back

I've taken a long break from writing this blog, but now I'm back and ready to go for this new season. Yesterday was opening day and while I wish I could have been at Citi for it I had to settle for just drinking some beers in my room with some of my fraternity brothers.

METS 7 MARLINS 1

I know the Mets organization could not have written a better start to this season after the hell that was spring training. Santana was good not great. Wright got the monkey off his back with his first home run of the season. K-Rod pitched a 1-2-3 ninth. Bay looked great in his debut. Even, Jeff Franceour drew a walk.

The real test for the season starts tomorrow with John Maine starting for the Mets. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the rotation plays out, as this will determine how the Mets will do this year. At this point I would hope for Maine to get through 5 maybe 6 innings and not give up any long balls.

The Ike Davis Watch has also begun as Mike Jacobs went 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts in the cleanup spot and Fernando Tatis, as a defensive replacement, was subpar.

No comments:

Post a Comment